So while I don’t think that is true at all, maybe I can do a list of things that have been going on in my life lately. I’ve been pretty busy, so posting on here isn’t always the top of my priorities.
- I’ve been super busy at work. After going for a long time without getting really anything to do, I’ve been flooded with assignments. Two of them are just simple web pages so that users can submit forms and requests to various departments. I’ve been able to reuse a lot of code, and I’ve been working hard to do things properly. CSS, divs, 3 tier development. I’ve taken an attitude that on each project that I’m working on I will try to do at least one thing in a “better” or different way than I have done it before. It keeps things interesting when you are doing the same thing over and over. I also have a project where I have to figure out how to make uPortal work. And honestly, I don’t really even completely understand what uPortal is, so figuring out how to develop in it is beyond me. But I’m figuring it out. I have to say that I’m actually really enjoying my job, after a long period of not enjoying it. I have things to do, and my coworkers are being very nice to me, and I actually like being at UMSL. It has an underdog quality to it, and I like that.
- I’m still working on my house some, but mostly just cleaning and stuff like that. There are a few little things that need to be finished, like trim and stuff like that, but it is mostly livable. The kitchen and upstairs bathroom both need to be completely redone, but that is the sort of thing that is going to take a long time to finish, so I’m not even going to start that for a while.
- Kelly and I have been doing a bunch of stuff. Hanging out with friends, going to the ball game, walking puppies. And next weekend we are going to Florida. She is getting a scholarship because she is awesome, and so the scholarship people are flying us down for the weekend and we are going to Sea World and Disney World. I’m pretty damn excited about that.
- I have been cooking quite a bit, and actually enjoying it. It certainly makes you feel better to eat a home cooked meal as opposed to going to get fast food or something like that. And on top of that, I’ve lost 10 pounds just by cutting out junk food at lunch. It is also much cheaper than eating out all the time. The only problem is that it ends up being an assload of work.
- I attempted to cut Snowy’s hair. I haven’t had any training in this sort of thing, though, so Snowy looks like a rat. But at least she doesn’t have all the knots in her fur and stuff like that.
- I’ve been playing Carcassonne with Phil and Helen over the internet. It is pretty awesome that we are able to do that. Technology is great.
I think that’s about it. But I’ll try to be better about posting.